Below are a set of frequently asked questions by journalists, reviewers and others interested in covering Frogar.io
Can you give me a brief history of the development of Frogar.io?
At Jadoku, we are keen perfectionists. Before Frogar.io was even an idea, we took the time to really
understand what a good casual mobile game was by spending time with the operating systems of mobile
devices, as well as the gamers themselves.
Once we were happy that we understood what made casual gamers tick, we had to come up with something
that was intuitive and impressive, and within reach for our small team and our expertise.
In August of 2016, Donny, the lead developer, approached the team with the idea of Frogar.io. He had only
been working on it for two weeks and it looked nothing like it does now, but already it was super fun
and exactly what we were looking for. On May the 13th, 2017 (after many coffees and sleepless nights)
we were proud to announce the release of Frogar.io and were blown away by the immediate positive
reaction that we received.
When was the Frogar.io launched?
Frogar.io was officially released on Android via Google Play, and also as a web-version on the 13th of May 2017,
however the web-version was quickly discontinued due to technical limitations.
What is special about Frogar.io?
There is no hiding the fact that "io games" as a genre has really expanded since the success of games like
slither.io and agar.io. However, at no point have we ever been concerned about this. Although Frogar.io seems
like a simple game that fits well into the "io games" genre, it actually has a very clever set of mechanics
that players seemingly discover by themselves. Such as how to utilize the multiplier in order to keep your
score up, or the infinite strategic possibilities that you can utilize to fit your own play style, and all
with an intuitive tap of your finger!
In addition to this, and unlike many games in the genre, our perfectionism gave us two major things during
development. We have a custom-built back-end which allows us to incorporate detailed leaderboards, friends,
rivals, quests, tournaments and other persistent mechanics into the game. Along side this, we spent a huge
amount of time refining the technology that we used to make the game into a massively multiplayer mobile game.
Frogar.io boasts the ability to host up to 300 players in a single server, with no lag!
So not only is frogar.io an aesthetically pleasing game that appeals to all ages and people from all walks of life; it's also a game
that has been perfectly designed for the casual gamer, while having that little bit extra to keep you
hooked and give you something more if you have the time to invest into the game.
How frequently is the game updated, and what sort of things can we expect in the near future?
We aim to release a new frog every two weeks. The type of frog that gets added to the game is based on a
number of different factors, such as whether there is something significant going on in the world, or
whether a community member has suggested a really good idea for a frog. Ultimately though, you can
expect consistent fortnightly updates.
In addition to this, we're constantly making small tweaks to the game such as performance, visual and network
improvements and also implementing important features such as translation for other languages. These updates
tend to get rolled out as soon as they are ready for the public.
Do you have any major updates planned?
We certainly do! We actually have plans for a whole array of new and interesting features that we want to
eventually add to the game so it is likely there will be many major updates over the next year or two.
However, our next major update is scheduled to be released towards the end of November. We can't
unfortunately share much about major updates, but we can say that they will always be awesome!
Is there a demo version of Frogar.io that I can get my hands on?
We do provide access to the "development" version of the game upon request. The development version is a
windows 64bit version that we use in-house for testing purposes, but it works well for reviewers and youtubers
who find it easier to record game content on their PC/laptop.
If you are interested in getting access to the development version, simply get in touch!
Below we provide a list of tips, features and promo-points to help with personalized content
These are displayed on the lobby screen in-game. We recommend reading these!
- when in game, tap the screen to jump your frog. Your frog will rotate and then jump to where you have tapped
- be careful not to jump into other frogs while they are jumping or if they are larger than you!
- holding down on the screen will rotate your frog towards your finger. Use this to carefully plan your jumps
- in the mini-map, green dots are smaller frogs while red dots are larger frogs
- to kill smaller frogs, simply jump on them. Larger frogs can only be killed by intersecting their jump with your body
- in the mini-map, dots with an orange outline are frogs that killed you recently. Dots with a blue outline are your friends
- killing a frog that killed you recently grants 10x the multiplier than it would normally. This can increase your score exponentially!
- killing any frog will cause the frog to drop most of its flies. This also increases your multiplier by an amount based on the size of the frog
- large frogs can jump over smaller frogs. Smaller frogs will die however if they try and jump over a larger frog
- to collect flies, simply jump near them. Your frog will rotate towards and pick up any flies that are in range. Try to avoid jumping on the flies though!
- picking up a normal fly increases your multiplier by 0.1, and increases your score by 1x your resulting multiplier
- picking up a super fly increases your multiplier by 5, and increases your score by 10x your resulting multiplier
- your multiplier disappears after a while if you do not increase it. Keeping your multiplier alive and growing is the key to a super high score!
- your size is based on the number of flies you have eaten, where as your score is based on your multiplier
- you can view stats about you and other players by clicking on the podium icon in the top-right of this screen
- adding a player as your friend will display their current score in your "friends" leaderboard, allowing you to compare your progress with theirs
- when a friend comes online or beats your score, you will be notified
- to view your current quests and quest progress, click on the calendar icon. New quests are added every day!
- make sure to sync your device from the settings screen to ensure you never lose your progress and purchases!
- you can also enable/disable the audio, in-game messages and notifications from the settings screen
- Play online with hundreds of other players from all over the world
- Intuitive control mechanics. Super easy to pick up, but hard to master
- Impressive depth. Play offensively or passively with plenty of meta-game and strategic options
- Seemingly endless. Grow to be the biggest and baddest frog in the game and survive for as long as you can
- Persistent global, continent and country leaderboards
- Add and compete against your friends in your own personal friends leaderboard
- New daily quests each day
- Loads of awesome frogs to unlock (more coming soon!)
Promo Points We focus on these points in our promotional material
- Easy & rewarding gameplay
- Global leaderboards & your own personal friends leaderboard
- Earn your own personal collection of awesome looking frogs
- Play online against hundreds of players world-wide
Game Descriptions Some short descriptions to help with personalized content
Game Blurbs Some short blurbs to help with personalized content